by Bharani Muthukumaraswamy (@bharani91) on Tuesday, July 23, 2013
- Technical level
Learn to build dynamic, real-time, single page web applications using Meteor.js with very little code and at lightning speed.
My talk will be a brief overview of Meteor.js. I will try to cover the following topics -
- Concepts and principles of Meteor
- Introduction to Handlebars templating library and using templates with Meteor
- Reactive Programming - reactive contexts and data stores
- Introduction to MongoDB and Meteor Collections
- Using Meteor Smart Packages
- Security - Restricting Read/Write access
- Packaging and Deploying an application
I will also walk through the code of a sample application to demonstrate the process of structuring and organizing code in a Meteor app.
- A laptop (Preferably Mac or Linux).
I am presently working on my startup, Resumonk - an online resume builder. Before starting Resumonk, I have had the opportunity of working with a wide array of startups including FizzySoftware, Zaakpay, Mobikwik, PhoneWarrior and Learnhive.
Resumonk - Resumonk is a simple and easy-to-use online resume builder that saves you money and time by helping you create a professional and beautiful resume in minutes.
Engem - Engem is a web app that helps you convert your LinkedIn profile into an unique, elegant and beautiful webpage in minutes.
QuotesCube - Your daily dose of quotes. This app also lets you print your favorite quote on a t-shirt or an accessory.
Airball - AirBall is an elegant and classy Dribbble feed viewer that is available as a web and a desktop application. The desktop application (for Mac and Windows) lets also you save shots locally for later reference.