View session in schedule
- Technical level
AngularJS has been around for quite a few years. Get to learn AngularJS as it was designed, to get the optimal use, and understand how to write AngularJS 2 ready code today. Developers will get a quick overview on the basic core parts of AngularJS, what to use it for, and how to write AngularJS code in such a way that it makes it easy to transfer to AngularJS 2 when it is ready. Also, we will cover what is changing in AngularJS 2, as well as some of the reasons for the same
The workshop will walk developers very quickly through the basics of ANgularJS, cover some of the advanced concepts around Services, Directives, and then jump into AngularJS 2
- AngularJS Controllers
- AngularJS services, when to create them and how to use them
- Understanding routing in AngularJS - UI-Router
- AngularJS directives - Basics and Advanced
- What is changing in AngularJS 2
- Writing code in AngularJS 2 friendly way today
This workshop will again take one end to end example, and build that from scratch along with the attendees so that everyone gets an idea of how AngularJS works within the context of the a larger application framework.
Requirements for attendees:
- Prior JS experience (1+ years minimum)
- Understanding of Asynchronous APIs and calls
- Prior experience in AJAX and MVC frameworks highly recommended
- Comfortable with command line
- NodeJS (v0.12+)
- Git (Not Github, but Git)
- WebStorm (Optional, but recommended!)
- Your own laptops with all these setup
I have been conducting hands-on trainings in AngularJS and NodeJS for over 2 years now, and have conducted over 40 workshops for various companies across the world. And every single one of my clients loves the hands-on nature of the trainings (look at my twitter for some examples).
I have also written two books for AngularJS for O’Reilly, and the latest one is called AngularJS Up and Running. I am an Ex-Googler who was part of the original AngularJS team, and now enjoy spending my time running trainings and workshops. I have also been presenting at multiple conferences like JsFoo in the past, JSSummit, etc.