by Arif Amirani (@kontinuity) on Thursday, 27 July 2017
- Full Talk
- Technical level
As a small company with talented people, we had the challenge of delivering high performance and stable apps for tracking to our customers on a short deadline. Did we do it? No cliffhangers here, cause we did and loved every step of the way.
This talk will walkthrough our challenges as a non-mobile frontend team to choose and execute a React-Native app using Redux, Redux-thunk, Typescript, etc resulting in happy customers (We love them!!).
As time permits, we will build a small react-native app using all the tools above and show you that having only frontend experience is enough to get most of your app done.
Full steam ahead comrades!
NoMoreNative (Just kidding!)
You will walk out knowing:
- Our thought process on how we decided react-native
- State of the union (What can react-native do? What libraries exist?)
- Our development process
- Build/Walkthrough a react-native app in quick succession and show it working (Woah!!)
- Answer any doubts you may have on react-native
We will get:
- To learn a lot from the guys in the audience
- A ton of friends
I have been working with large and small organizations/teams (Veritas, Directi, etc) for over a decade in various capacities. The entrepreneurial bug bit about 5 years ago when we started MetroGuild and haven’t looked back since. A (\w+)end developer in love with all things JS, Python, and Cassandra (and others). Official title: CTO at MetroGuild Inc.